We're an hour from the coast and an hour from the White Mountains. Our place, Stonecraft House, is close to seven lakes in Wakefield, Moose Mountain (a tubing mountain), and Heritage Park down the street in Union!. You’ll love our place because of our creaky Eighteenth Century house , the tree-house and zip-line, our pets, and our people. We welcome couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids). Rooms are on the 3rd floor - up 2 steep flights of stairs.
A kiadó hely
This is an old inn with separate rooms; doors have interior slide bolts. Room 10 has a Queen bed, and has an adjoining (no door) small sleeping area with a twin bed. Room 10 opens into the 3rd floor shared bathroom but that door can be secured from the bedroom side. The bathroom is set up as a toilet /sink area and a separate tub /shower area, both of which lock from the inside.
We are doing some minor renovations to the hallways, so there is plaster dust.
Long term guests can make arrangements to use our laundry room ($10.00 per load).
Kapcsolat a vendégekkel
Russ is retired and often at home. He has a nice woodworking and metal shop. Ruth works at Seven Lakes Law PLLC, right up the road, so someone is usually around. Continental breakfast is served in the dining room on the first floor.
Egyéb fontos dolgok
Using the zipline requires some set-up by Russ and his supervision. The rest of the playground is usually available.
- We are not handicapped accessible
- Rooms are on the 3rd floor - up two steep flights of stairs
- Soloflex gym and tredmill available before 8 PM and after 10 AM
- No cooking on the 3rd floor - but dorm size frig and Kerig coffee maker available
- Desk area and Wi-Fi available
- Library of more than 3000 sci-fi, fantasy, and mystery books on 3rd floor
- Travel size crib available - use with caution and supervision
- Video surveillance system of exterior of house and land.
- Check-out at 11 AM
- Continental breakfast 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM, can be earlier if arranged in advance.
- 18th century home with hand dug well - water can be an issue. Please take short showers and space them out so the well can recover.
- Some toys, books, and games available for children.
I'm a small town lawyer and hubby Russ is retired. We enjoy getting to know people but respect your privacy; you can interact with us as little or as much as you're comfortable with. We have tropical birds, including the Queen of the House, our Cockatoo, Susie. Plus there's two old dogs - Cindy (17) and Reese (12); no cats allowed ! Warning: birds can be very noisy! My motto is to deal lovingly and competently with whatever the universe puts in my path.