Ideal for retreats and special family events, Eagle Rock's panoramic views of Skye (90 mins away), from the hot-tub or library log fire, or any room -is unspoilt wilderness, sea, sky - yet is 15 mins walk to a Michelin pub, the famous Applecross Inn, (Sunday Time Top 100 eateries in UK). Sleeps 14.
Massively spacious, underfloor heating (control per room), a Michelin Chef designed and equipped kitchen, snug and media room, great tech, bespoke lighting + fittings, luxury bathrooms + beds.
- The owner of Eagle Rock is not liable for any accidents or loss of property. Agreeing to these rules indicates that you accept this.
- No bubblebath or glass in the hot tub
- Pets not allowed in the bedrooms
- You can make as much noise as you like - nearest neighbour is 10 mins walk away, but please take care of the musical instruments. (Guitar, a top of the range clavinova, huge Tibetan gong, drums.
- Please take care of the very expensive set of kitchen knives. These will be checked when you leave
- Please replace the Weber in the state in which you found it
- Please leave the outside firepit area pristine and clear all rubbish. When the wind comes up, things stored under the bench blow away and litter the pristine wilderness
- Please take off your shoes inside - especially no heels on the hand-carved staricase
Ha legkésőbb 7 nappal az utazás előtt mondod le a foglalást, 50%-os visszatérítést kapsz. Ha az utazásod kezdetét megelőző 7 napon belül mondod le a foglalást, a kifizetett összeg nem téríthető vissza.
I love where I live, and I really enjoy sharing it with others. Applecross has been an ancient sanctuary - one of the last great wilderness areas of Europe, and a place of refuge for thousands of years. Eagle Rock itself has been built on one of the ancient Viking watch fire sites - which should give you an idea of the reach of the view!
I left a career in media and edutainment to build Eagle Rock over a period of 5 years. Being an artist (my studio is nearby), I always say the house and grounds are the biggest sculpture I have ever made! Many of the handcarved or created light fittings and fixtures are created by friends from the film industry, so the whole process of building was a profound journey - I think you can feel that in the house.
I particularly enjoy special family or group gatherings, and because of the size of the house, have hosted weddings, special birthdays and all kinds of family reunions or special holidays...Because we are such a close and integrated community (238 people in 62k hectares who raised the money to find our own hydro, and our own broadband), the arrival of a group like this is a big deal. I love that my guests know people at the pub by the time they leave!
I really enjoy hiking and windsurfing here in the highlands, and I also love surfing - which I do when away from the rock!!