It is difficult for me to understand and accept your review and I will answer you clearly and transparently.
1. If you really believe that my apartment deserves a higher rating, it would have been fair and honorable to do so.
2. If you have a complaint, you have the right to request a response and a solution. I would have given you all the explanations and I would have offered you the best solution. However, you have decided to write a damaging review with clear intention to damage our reputation.
3. It is true that we ask you to pay for the excess of electricity consumption. This is explained in the House Rules, in the first section. A message was sent to you upon arrival with the reading of the meter and another message upon departure with the final reading. You consumed 73 kilowatts!! Crazy!!
4. Gricel showed you where the meter is in case you considered it necessary to control the consumption and you considered that "it was not necessary"
5. We do not leave blankets in the closet, because in a country that has 28 degrees of temperature in winter, we do not consider it necessary, however if a guest asks for a blanket, we have several available to guests who request it.
6. When you say you did not have electricity, water or air conditioning, it was really the day of your departure and during "two hours". The power was cut at 9 AM and the taxi that Gricel arranged for you, picked you up at 10:55 AM to go to the airport.
Important: The previous day we received a notice from the electric company CEPM reporting the power cut and Gricel personally informed all the guests and showed the note (that you have in your chat). No one complained, nor do you (as is obvious, it is something beyond our control). If you had asked for compensation, I would probably have accepted it (or not), but you did not.
7. You admit that the apartment was very clean, well located, very safe and with access to a lovely beach, however you leave me a rating of "1 star". That is not fair or acceptable, and says much about how you really are.
If as you say the value is zero for not reporting (and you were informed before booking, during and after) you are required to pay the excess electricity.
8. By the way, you owe me the excess consumption that you have not yet paid.
In private you write to me…
…The lady that checked us in was very gracious. It could not have possibly been her fault the electricity and water was out for the final day of our stay. We couldn’t even shower after coming in from the beach before leaving for the airport. I would have given my stay the highest possible rating if the host had not asked ME for money after the stay. I thought, if anything, a slight refund would have been in order…
ALL AND ALL, AT THE END IT’S ONLY “MONEY”