Enjoy the beauty and nature of Maine (and NH) from this beautiful log cabin on a quiet lake (kayaking, canoeing, fishing and ice skating) and steps from walking trails (+ X-country skiing and snow-shoeing). The perfect place to get away.
A kiadó hely
This is the perfect place to get away, decompress and spend quality time with friends and family. Everything that nature offers is just outside the door - canoeing, kayaking, fishing, snow shoeing, X-country skiing and hiking. Enjoy watching the stars from the hot tub at night. And the cabin is the perfect place to relax, play games (including air hockey and many board games) or just read a book or watch a movie. And, the kitchen has everything you need for the most exquisite meals. If you do want to get out, the house is also easily accessible to more "touristy" attractions in Maine and New Hampshire - most are no more than a 1-hour drive.
Enjoy everything nature has to offer:
- Two kayaks (one 1-person and 1 2-person) are available to guests
- One canoe (3-person) is available guests
- The lake is very peaceful, with 2 beautiful (and quiet) rivers to go down. A great way to clear your head.
- You can kayak/canoe to several sand bars (swimming holes), the marina (they have great ice cream there) or any where else on the lake (it's about 5 miles long)
- You can also rent motor boats or jet skis from the marina if you want more power/speed.
- You can fish right off the dock or go out in one of the boats.
- We recommend bringing your own gear, but we have some rods available if you need them.
- Take the kayaks/canoe to one of the public beaches or sand bars in the lake (see lake map for sand bars, Fernald Shore and Milton Public Beach)
- There is also a “little residents beach” just a few houses down the street (or a short kayak ride away)
- Plenty of trails accessible from the lake (fun to kayak to them and them, tie up and go).
- Alternatively, there are other trails right out the front door.
- There are a variety of board games available, along with plenty of books and magazines
- Air hockey
- Plenty of DVDs and VCR cassettes to choose from. The house is also equipped with Apple TV, providing access to most cable stations and more videos (we mostly have kids videos - but they are also good for adults)
- A perfect place to end the day and check out the stars (any time of the year)
- There is a fire pit in the backyard. Just be very careful.
Kapcsolat a vendégekkel
We are just a phone call or email away. We generally do not visit while guests are there.
Respect the house as though it were your own.