Well it is alright to be "Itty Bitty"
Little Beach Cottage in a former Fishing City
Might as well share, might as well SMILE
Life goes on for Itty Bitty While! The song by Alan Jackson states: It's alright to be Little Bitty! (see below)
A kiadó hely
Well it is alright to be "Itty Bitty"
Little Beach Cottage in a former Fishing City
Might as well share, might as well SMILE
Life goes on for Itty Bitty While!
As the song by Alan Jackson states:
It's alright to be Little Bitty! His song is intented to remind us that some of life's greatest joys are found in the simplicity and small things of life. This is true of our Itty Bitty cottage, especially since she is nestled in a neighborhood of upscale expensive homes and only a short walking distance (approximately 2 blocks) to one of the most BEAUTIFUL beaches in world! “Itty Bitty", is named for her size! (less than 500 sq. feet) She is a TINY Cottage decorated in bright chabby chic decor. She has one bedroom (queen size bed), one bath with step in shower, completely furnished small kitchen with all appliances and a quaint/cozy den with a loveseat (twin size pull out sleeper) and a smal CHILD size futon. (cottage is approximately 450 sq ft.)
We provide a few personal touches to make your stay at Itty Bitty more convenient and fun: We have Free Wifi , 2 beach chairs, ,rolling cooler and a smaller hand held cooler. DVD movie library, table games, books, small bbq grill and outside swing and dining table. A small parking area , adequate for One vehicle , is located on the designated paver space in front of the cottage.
MOST IMPORTANT IS OUR LOCATION!!! It is an Itty Bitty EASY walk over to our gated beach access. Once you are there, you can relax and enjoy the AMAZING BEAUTY of our white power sand beaches and crystal clear blue water.
• OPENING COTTAGE: If you are arriving after dark, take a flash light to see to enter in the keykess front door code. To conserve on utilities, we ask that you keep the A/C unit no lower than 74.
• TRASH: Trash pick up days: Mon. /Thurs. Please take all trash out to the large trash container the night before pickup. Waste management arrives early morning. Unfortunately our area does not offer recycling.
• Cleaning supplies and detergent are available for your use as well.
• ADDITIONAL ITEMS: We have small table size ironing board and a nice steam iron (but who wants to iron on vacation?) .
• Sorry the cottage does not have a washer/dryer. The nearest laundry mat is behind Walmart located at 4010 Commons Dr. Destin.
• Beach Access: We have deeded beach access. There is no parking close to beach access. It is best to walk over or drive, unload and take your car back to the cottage to park. It is IMPORTANT that you go to the correct Beach Access so that the code will work. Directions to our beach access: Take a left when leaving the cottage. Turn left on Hollywood and left on Hwy 98. You will see the pedestrian cross over and the small coral color gazebo leading to the beach. The beach access code is listed in the guest book at Itty Bitty. Beach access parking is also available a short drive down Scenic 98 at the Whales Tail Restaurant. NOTE: No glass is allow on the beach! Beach Partrol will write you a ticket if they catch you! We have plastic Wine Glasses and Huggies for your can beverages.
One last note: We recommend The Beachcomber app or newspaper to find out about local happenings, music and events. Also the Destin Log printed twice a week. (Sat. and Wednesday) and Northwest Fl. news on Friday has a Showcase listing music and events.
In addition to our beautiful beaches , you can find GREAT fresh seafood, plus an ocean view, at a few restaurants within walking distance of the cottage. (Pompano Joe's and Whales Tail). Other favorites within walking distance include: Cabana Cafe ,Emerald Coast Wine Cellars and Bad Ass coffee.
If you are looking for GOLF ~ Seascape Golf Course is our next door neighbor. Shopping? Got it covered!! Silver Sands Factory Outlet is less than 2 miles. Destin Commons and Baytown Wharf are also close by as is Grand Bld. Upscale Shops. Fishing? Hey ~ Destin is not called the "Luckest Fishing Village in the World", for no reason!
"Are you having an affair?" Hold on ~ WAIT, that came out wrong! What I meant was, "Are you celebrating a special occasion?" If so, we can help you surprise your special someone if needed.
Regardless of what brings you to ITTY BITTY, we take pride in assisting our guests to have a "GRAND OCCASION " while visiting the Emerald Coast!
****Extra info for your reading pleasure****
If you haven't been to Destin and/or Sandestin, Fla., here are a few reasons to consider a trip:
1. The stay -- There are so many places to stay, but if your are looking for a cozy quaint cottage, at affordable rates then ITTY BITTY is where you need to book!!!!
2. The golf -- If you love golf or just want to practice your swing, Destin is the perfect place. There are plenty of courses to choose from, including Seascape, Indian Bayou, Regatta Bay, Kelly Plantation, The Raven, Burnt Pine, Baytowne and The Links. (And there's a good chance 2012 Masters champ Bubba Watson has played at some of these courses, since he grew up only an hour away.)
3. The nightlife -- If you like to party, there are plenty of spots to dance and drink. For dancing, head to AJ's, Ocean club or Bric A Brac. If you just want to hang out, head over to Boathouse, McGuire's or Helen Backs plus there are so many more to choose from --
4. The festivals -- More than likely, no matter what time of year you visit, there will be some sort of festival occurring while you're here. The most popular are the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival, the Destin Seafood Festival, Beer Festival, Songwriters Festival and annual Wine Festival. While not in Destin, it's only a 20-minute drive to the Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival in Niceville.
5. The fishing -- Destin takes pride in being the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village." When you come, take advantage of one of the many charter trips available. You also can rent a boat or just fish from the pier. But don't forget your fishing license and learn the laws, because you will be stopped on your way back to shore!
6. The scenic drives -- If you enjoy drooling over houses you can't afford or just love architecture and beautiful scenery, take a drive along Scenic Gulf Drive (locals call it Old 98) or go a few miles east of Sandestin to Scenic Highway 30A, where you'll drive through quaint beach towns like Rosemary Beach, Grayton Beach, Alys Beach and Seaside (where The Truman Show was filmed).
7. The island-- Surprise ~ Crab Island isn't really an island. It is more of a sandbar where parties take place daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Just pull up your boat, pontoon or kayak, anchor it and let the fun begin. There are usually concession boats floating around and even blow-up slides for young and old alike. When locals refer to "The Island," they mean Okaloosa Island, which is a destination all its own.
8. The Food -- Fresh seafood is what will be served during your stay. For breakfast, try The Donut Hole (two locations) or Another Broken Egg Cafe. For lunch, go sit on docks at Dewys of Destin (the orginal location off of Calhoun Ave), The Back Porch or enjoy the view at Whales Tale, Pompano Joes or The Crab Trap. If you enjoy fine dining try, Marina Cafe, Ocean club, Tuscany or many others.
9. The shopping -- Along with a wealth of restaurants, there are numerous shopping spots in the beach town. Destin Commons boasts more than 60 shops and eateries within the shopping center, which includes a theater and a children's splash park. There are more than 100 stores at Silver Sands Factory Stores, and Grand Boulevard is still growing with more than 35 high-end stores, a movie theater to choose from. There also are lots of boutique shops up and down Highway 98 and Scenic Hwy 30A.
10. The beach -- They don't call it the Emerald Coast for nothin'! The sand is white, the water is aqua and the sun is bright. Beach access is available from most any point along Scenic Gulf Drive and several spots on Highway 98. Even if you don't do anything else but relax on the beach, you'll have had an awesome time in Destin
*****Flying To Itty Bitty Cottage?
We have one airport in Destin that is close but small! Destin Airport is located at 1001 Airport Rd, Destin - (phone number hidden). approx 7 miles
**Northwest Florida Regional Airport - Valparaiso, FL (VPS / KVPS) approximately 22 miles from Itty Bitty.
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport - Panama City Beach, FL (ECP / KECP) approximately 45 miles
Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport - Pensacola, FL (PNS / KPNS) approximately 62 miles
Please note that we are listed as Miramar Beach on GPS systems.
(phone number hidden)
*** We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
LIVE WELL, LOVE MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN!!!
Cottage, garden and controlled keyless beach access, free parking.
Kapcsolat a vendégekkel
Some Airbnb host meet their guest at check in or check out. Not us! We feel we have informed you of all needed information concerning your stay at the Cottage. We select to be available to communicate via text, cell phone or email. We love to meet people and hear their life stories! However , we feel our guest deserve the freedom to feel that Itty Bitty is THEIR home away from home and not feel obligated to tie up their vacation time chatting with the host! Hopefully this will give you the freedom and solitude that most people seek when they are on vacation. Note that we may not meet you in person, but we are committed to being available to answer any questions or trouble shoot if a situation requires our attention.
Egyéb fontos dolgok
We have 2 precious Cottage mascots that sometimes appear to visit the Cottage Gardens and our guest. They are very curious and will hop up for treats (carrots, vanilla wavers, crackers etc..) However they do not like to be picked up. Hope you enjoy their surprise visit if they choose to show up.
Cottage Policy / Guidelines:
We LOVE our Itty Bitty Cottage and ask that you treat her like she is yours!
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
* Guest must be 25 years or older to rent the Cottage.
* Weekend minimum stay is 2 nights. One night stay during the week is fine if available
Space is limited to only 2 guest plus 1 SMALL child / person that is willing to sleep on a small size futon. No unregistered guest allow.
* Itty Bitty owners are not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen articles during your stay. Itty Bitty owners are not responsible for injury to guests during your stay.
* Failure to comply with basic norms of peaceful, respectful behavior could result in termination of stay without refund. Guest and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the cottage for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance. Any reported disturbance from legal authorities could be cause for complete forfeit of security/damage deposit. Loud music and other disruptive noises are not permitted. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. - 7 a.m.
*Guest agrees that anyone who is found using illegal drugs or allows others to use illegal drugs while on the cottage premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy and will forfiet their security deposit.
* Glass and Walking on Dunes at beach is strictly prohibited at all times. For your safety please observe and obey all beach surf flags!!. For more details on local beach rules visit the Walton County Fl code enforcement for beach ordinance 2003-07. It outlines everything.
* Parking: Parking is provided in front of the cottage. Parking where your vechile is considered partly on the street or past the white fence is prohibited. Doing so may result in damage to your vechicle or the Host property. (sprinkler systems, vegetation)
* Any damage noticed upon arrival should be reported immediately to the host/hostess.
* SECURITY DEPOSIT will be refunded through Airbnb if the following guidelines are meet: No damage(beyond normal usage) is done to the cottage or its contents. To prevent SMELL and BUGS ~ All debris, garbage and discards are to be placed in plastic bags and deposited in the garbage cans conveniently located on street in front of the cottage. All soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and dishwasher started upon check-out. Run the garbage disposal to remove any food that might smell if left unattended. No smoking or evidence of smoking in the cottage!. If you smoke outside, butts must be placed in proper receptacle.
* PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE CHECK OUT PROCEDURES located on the information sheet at the cottage.
Fun loving couple that enjoys spending time with family and friends! We
enjoy University of Alabama Football (Roll Tide), traveling, reading, gardening, good food/wine, horse back riding, sailing, boating, meeting new people, chillin' and grillin', sunsets and the BEACH!!
Deb enjoys sharing the magic of the beautiful area with guest and helping them with their vacation plans. (if needed) Johnny Mack served our country in the Navy. He LOVES talking sports!