Sarah, I am so sorry to hear that you felt this way about your stay in our beautiful home. We can better address our guest's concerns when they communicate any questions with us during their stay, so we are given the opportunity to improve the experience rather than complaining after the fact and leaving us without any opportunity to earn a 5-star stay. We take pride in providing each guest a upscale resort stay and I am sorry it did not feel that way for you. So, let me address your concerns:
1. House rules: our house rules are provided prior to booking so there are no surprises. Each guest must agree that they have read and understood the house rules before booking. Every house rules is based on actual experiences and they are there so our guests know how to be good neighbors and good guests. All you have to do is read them and see if it's a fit for you before you book.
2. We provide dark washcloths for removing makeup; and old washcloths that you can throw out for washing shoes or car tires and the like. We provide those as little extras for our guests in addition to white unstained washcloths for each guest.
3. We request shoes not be warn on carpet because dirty soles stain the white carpet. We have many guests bring indoor shoes with clean soles for use inside the house.
4. Moving furniture: We have a beautiful exotic wood deck which requires special pads to keep furniture from scratching the wood. All of our furniture on the brick paver patio has very rough feet and will scratch the deck. So, we do ask you not to exchange the furniture from one level to the next to keep guests from causing unintentional damage that can't be repaired between guests.
5. Disposal: We ask guests to put large chunky items in the trash, only small debris in the garbage disposal. We find beer tops, wine corks, forks and all types of large items in the disposal which causes damage to the unit. We cover this information for those that might not be familiar with disposal use.
6. Our county code allows a maximum of 4 vehicles in the driveway. All guests are required to be good neighbors and follow the laws of our county.
7. Visitor Policy: Our visitor restrictions are very clear and at the top of our house rules. We provided you with a special allowance for 2 family members with unlimited visiting permission at no charge. And, at the end of your stay, we gave you 2 more family members with no charge for the day. Even though we provided 4 allowances for free, you still asked for 3 more visitors for free. Only after we have let you know that we needed to charge for the 3, have we been made aware of your stay being less than perfect.
Our house rules are very clear up front that rental of our family home is just like a (Website hidden by Airbnb) is for the use of the guests listed in the reservation. Our property is not a social gathering venue and cannot be used as such. If you were looking for a place to receive family and friends, we would have been happy to provide a list of local rental venues suitable for that type of use.
8. Cameras: We do have driveway cameras for the protection of our property. As stated in our house rules, these driveway cameras can also be used for enforcement of house rules when it becomes necessary.
9. Property Manager (caretaker): You requested that we make our swimming pool available for your stay. It is very late in our swim season, but our property manager went out of her way to make your stay perfect. She extended the courtesy of leaving the pool open during your stay, even with our temperatures dipping low at night, and with all of the leaves falling in the pool by leaving it uncovered for you. When we provide this extended service for guests in the fall, it requires extra work on behalf of the property manager to maintain the chemicals and clean debris out of the pool. It is a lot of work. She would have been happy to leave the pool closed if you felt taking care of the pool was an intrusion of your privacy.
Our property manager also allowed you an early checkin to accommodate your early arrival, as another extra courtesy, but you do not mention that either.
Our property manager went above and beyond and did her very best to give to give you an incredible experience. I'm sorry it didn't please you. Thank you for your comments.